Friday, April 11, 2014

Flipping the Flipped Classroom

Lots of teachers are interested in the flipped classroom model, but are concerned about a few issues:
  • What happens if/when some of my students don't watch the online tutorial or lecture in preparation for class the next day?
  • What about my students who may not have access to the Internet at home?
While there are several ways to address these valid concerns, in this post I'll share one education blogger's solution -- to actually flip the idea of the flipped classroom so that the flipping still occurs within the walls of the classroom.

Since the word "flip" and its variations made too many appearances in that last sentence and I've now probably left you with more questions than answers, please take a look at this Edutopia blog post by Jennifer Gonzalez. While she admits there are pros and cons to her method as well as to the traditional flipped classroom method, she provides good food-for-thought in examining how to solve the above concerns.

Interested in flipping your classroom, either the traditional way or via Gonzalez's approach? Give me a holler -- I'd love to help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment